[IAEP] scratch license

Sebastian Silva sebastian at somosazucar.org
Fri Aug 5 12:29:43 EDT 2011

I'm using Trisquel on a Sugar Toast 4.51 and noticed that the
autoupdater wants me to install Scratch, although its non-free both by
Trisquel's definition and Sugar Activity Library policy. This is
critical in a Free distribution like Trisquel, where we take the effort
to rebrand for instance Firefox because of its non free branding policy.

So i've filed a bug report with Trisquel to keep track of this:
https://trisquel.info/es/issues/3871

This was discussed earlier and I think I remember we agreed to remove
Scratch from ASLO but we haven't done so yet.
Can we take action now and hope for a free scratch someday?

Sebastian