[IAEP] SoaS in the classroom feedback

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Wed Jul 29 17:06:51 EDT 2009

On 29 Jul 2009, at 18:25, Edward Cherlin wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 4:55 AM, Bill Kerr<billkerr at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1) once I have created a stick can I upgrade just one program, such
>> as the
>> version of Physics which saves (if so how?), or do I have to wait
>> until that
>> version is officially released and then reformat all the sticks - I
>> suppose
>> both are time consuming since I have about 20 sticks to do - but
>> the latter
>> involves waiting for the official release
>
> Installing from packages and from .xos are incompatible. To upgrade
> Physics,
>
> 1 Delete or rename ~/Activities/Physics.activity.

Physics is not part of Fructose, so its inclusion in the Strawberry
release should be as a regular .xo (in ~/Activities with normal
permissions) that you can upgrade from using Browse (or sugar-install-
bundle if you prefer the command line).

Regards,
-Gary

P.S Very glad to hear that all Activities are going to be installed
as .xo bundles in future SoaS releases :-)