[IAEP] Notes from GPA 7-21

Caroline Meeks solutiongrove at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 16:23:16 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  Hi Caroline and All,
>

> This is great stuff!  I hope you are working up a very detailed, "Grannie's
> Guide-No Fail" style set of teachers' instructions so that other
> (non-techie) teachers who don't have you there to help can replicate the
> things you are doing with the students.
>

> I love the way you document everything with the TODOs included. Excellent!
>

> The note from Laura Johns is very encouraging.  I guess it dispels 2 myths:
>

> 1) There aren't many Power PC Macs left in the schools
>

> 2) SoaS won't run on a Power PC Mac.
>

> It looks like we finally may have someone who can make it work.  Wouldn't
> it be great if it were ready to go by the CUE Conference in March 2010?
>

> They have asked me to apply to do another 1 hour session at CUE 2010.  I
> have to apply by early September.  It is really hard to come up with
> something flexible and generic enough to adjust to match the rapidly
> changing and developing things going on with OLPC and SugarLabs.  I am open
> to suggestions.

Hi Caryl,

We have an application in for one session and they want a second session?
What did we put down for the first one?

We are using Turtle Art a lot this summer so maybe a Turtle Art specific
session.  Turtle Art for math, social studies and ePortfolios.

> Caryl
>

> P.S. For the branded USB sticks...is the type you are ordering
> retractable?  Does it have a good loop to attach to a keychain or lanyard?
> If so, count me in for 10.

Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove
Caroline at SolutionGrove.com