[IAEP] Notes from GPA 7-21

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 22 10:54:37 EDT 2009

Hi Caroline and All,

This is great stuff!  I hope you are working up a very detailed, "Grannie's Guide-No Fail" style set of teachers' instructions so that other (non-techie) teachers who don't have you there to help can replicate the things you are doing with the students.

I love the way you document everything with the TODOs included. Excellent!

The note from Laura Johns is very encouraging.  I guess it dispels 2 myths:

1) There aren't many Power PC Macs left in the schools

2) SoaS won't run on a Power PC Mac.

It looks like we finally may have someone who can make it work.  Wouldn't it be great if it were ready to go by the CUE Conference in March 2010?

They have asked me to apply to do another 1 hour session at CUE 2010.  I have to apply by early September.  It is really hard to come up with something flexible and generic enough to adjust to match the rapidly changing and developing things going on with OLPC and SugarLabs.  I am open to suggestions.

Caryl

P.S. For the branded USB sticks...is the type you are ordering retractable?  Does it have a good loop to attach to a keychain or lanyard?  If so, count me in for 10.