[IAEP] [Sur] sugerencia para actividad clock

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Sat Jul 25 14:49:17 EDT 2009

At Sat, 25 Jul 2009 14:55:53 -0300,
Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

> At Mon, 20 Jul 2009 10:14:23 -0700,
> Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
> >
> > At Sat, 18 Jul 2009 11:56:03 +0200,
> > Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> > >
> > > What about the clock in Etoys?
> >
> >   Are you asking the "maintainer" of the clock done in Etoys?  That
> > one has more complicated eye candy but a teacher or a helper of the
> > teacher should make one in 10 minutes or so.
> >
> >   However, my point of making that clock was that each kid should make
> > one to understand it.
>
>   At the Squeakfest Brasil conference, Kathleen Smith conducted a
> tutorial session to make a clock in Etoys.  Dozens of teachers from
> Brazil, Uruguay, Peru, etc. attended and making their own clocks.  So
> hopefully the idea spreads in the continent...

  One more thing...

  In my version, I sort of cheated and used the premade digital clock
object that is available in the Object Catalog->"Just for Fun" to get
the system clock.  If you just need to know the current time, you can
pull out the object from catalog.  Also, in various ways, you can
come up with more arithmetic tricks to teach.

-- Yoshiki