[IAEP] etoys, moodle, gcompris, kde-edu and other sister projects

Kurt Gramlich kurt.gramlich at lugrav.de
Fri Jul 24 13:02:59 EDT 2009

* Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> [090724 18:24]:

> Hi,
>
> we have certain relationships with other software projects with
> similar goals to us and the people working there may be asking
> themselves why their work isn't discussed more often in our fora,
> specially now that active members of our community have stepped into
> the classrooms themselves.

Skolelinux Germany is watching you ;-)

I am watching this list as much as possible. My goal is to bring
free software into all educational environments.

And definitely, I like and support Jonas' work to package sugar for Debian, so
that we are able to integrate it into Skolelinux/DebianEdu.

One of my goals is to have all the needed server related services from
your project on our Skolelinx server.

For example: the new version of Skolelinux Server in Germany has moodle
installed; it is still missing ejabberd and other features.

Our common presence at Linuxtag 2009 in Berlin has brought new
motivation for our common goals.

So, lets continue to work together!

[...]

> Wonder what we could do so that these other projects feel more
> welcomed to our community and more collaboration opportunities are
> taken. Any ideas?

http://wiki.skolelinux.de/YoungsterMeeting2009

perhaps?

> Thanks,
>
> Tomeu

Regards/AmicaLinuxement/Saludos/Viele Gruesse!
Kurt Gramlich
Projektleitung skolelinux.de
kurt at skolelinux.de
GnuPG Key ID 0xE263FCD4