[IAEP] [support-gang] An Opportunity to bring vital content tothe Sugar/XO world - Needs technical help.

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Wed Jul 22 10:08:26 EDT 2009

On 22 Jul 2009, at 10:59, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 14:46, Costello, Rob
> R<Costello.Rob.R at edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:
>> if you need some one to look at a fla or decompile a swf and have a
>> look at
>> what the actionscript is doing i can probably help
>>
>> don't know anything much about gnash but have done lots of flash
>> coding
>
> Would be really great if you could run the .swf in soas and debug the
> .fla in order to know why it isn't advancing to the next level. Once
> you get an explanation from the Flash side of things of why this
> happen, I think the Gnash developers will be able to find a fix in
> Gnash.

Tomeu, for what it's worth I don't think this is anything todo with
Flash/Gnash incompatibility. The current eatboom SWF (and FLA source)
is simply not quite working (likely related to the quick change they
made for it to run outside of the rest of their system). I've tried
with a number of Adobe Flash player versions and plugins, including
your current gnash rpms, and they all fail to progress in the same way.

After bin hexing the binary files to work out what version they were
created with, you will need to have the Adobe Flash 9 IDE to debug
this code – my last $$$ upgrade was for 7, so I can't help debug the
current FLA from the git rep.

Regards,
--Gary

P.S. Sorry if I'm repeating myself, there have been some off list
emails and I'm loosing track of what I've reported to whom.