[IAEP] Education opportunity in Kazakhstan (was Fwd: The Global Development Briefing - No Excuses)

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 16:21:55 EDT 2009

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: briefing at devex.com <briefing at devex.com>
Date: Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 4:04 AM
Subject: The Global Development Briefing - No Excuses
To: echerlin at gmail.com

[Barack Obama on excuses snipped]

Tengizchevroil 2010 Community Investment Program: Call for Expressions
of Interest

Tengizchevroil, a joint venture in which Chevron holds a 50 percent
operating interest, is looking for innovative international and Kazakh
non-governmental organizations or development consulting firms to
implement its 2010 Community Investment Program.

TCO operates the Tengiz field in Kazakhstan, which is the world's
deepest operating supergiant oil field, with its top reservoir at
about 12,000 feet deep.

TCO's 2010 Community Investment Program will focus on funding projects
on __education__ and training, health, environment, and economic
development in a bid to promote human and societal capacity
development in Atyrau Oblast. The program is expected to be funded at
a level between USD700,000 and USD1 million.

TCO is seeking expressions of interest from potential international
partners, which must be submitted by Aug. 5, 2009, close of business,
in electronic format to Kate Warren of the Development Executive Group
(DevEx) at kate.warren at devex.com.

Only 10 organizations will be short-listed, which will then have the
opportunity to develop full proposals. Proposals must be submitted to
Tengizchevroil Government & Public Affairs by Oct. 16, 2009. They will
be reviewed by the company’s Community Investment Council, which will
make recommendations to the TCO management on 2010 funding decisions.

To learn more, please visit this link.
http://newsletters.devex.com/link.php?M=2695359&N=5378&L=95503

And Children are my nation.