[IAEP] Communicating project goals and Roadmap

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 09:39:14 EDT 2009

Now is a good time to work on this, as the SoaS launch is behind us.

My understanding is that Sugar Learning Platform releases such as
v0.84, v0.86, v0.88 are of interest to our downstream partners and
projects... distros naturally, but in particular the OLPC XO-1.5 and
the Sugar on a Stick Fedora-based distribution + tools.

The XO-1.5 is of interest to everyone involved in OLPC projects but
particularly Learners, who certainly have things to tell us about the
Sugar they have if they could.

Sugar on a Stick is of interest to everyone in K-6 education:
teachers, school management and buyers, parents of kids in school.

At this time, the distros do not have the reach or potential impact of
these two projects. I feel therefore our marketing priority should be
on these two projects, and especially Sugar on a Stick, here's why.

The enormous OLPC installed base is the source of our credibility and
adding potentially hundreds of thousands more Learners through SoaS
makes us news, in particular SoaS running on other large installed
bases such as Intel Classmates and old PCs.