[IAEP] Alternate Characters

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 1 21:19:47 EDT 2009

Hi,
I am working on getting the M-stock machines I received working so that I can check them out to folks when I do my "Roadshows."  I checked out one to my Chinese teacher in CA. I wanted her 9-yr-old daughter to try it, but her 3-yr-old son is monopolizing it and probably destroying it too :-(.  Five more went to folks who came to my presentation at the Bozeman MT LUG  last week.  I could have checked out more, but so far that is all I have working at this time.
One I still have to fix has a strange problem.  It seems simple, but I don't know what to try.  I have already reflashed the machine and updated the software to 802. It will only write in the alternate characters shown on some of the keys (like the ñ).  Could it be that the : "alt gr" key is stuck?  Is there an easy fix for this one?  I have 2 XOs with screens that are gone (like 1/2 black)  that I could use for parts if I need to, but I was wondering if anyone knew of an easier way than swapping the keyboard.
Thanks,Caryl