[IAEP] Events calendar

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 12:32:08 EDT 2008

David Farning, Marco Gritti, and you are also able to add to the
Google Calendar. If someone knows how to make it world-writable,
please let me know. In the meantime, please send me requests to join
the calendar (I can add people by hand) or send events you'd like
posted.

I am all in favor of a wiki event calendar, but the advantage of the
Google system is that it is available in iCal, XML, and HTML streams.
Maybe we need both. Certainly we need a better description in the OLPC
wiki about process.

-walter

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Greg Dekoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:

> As the nominal leader of the Sugar Labs Events Committee, I've been a bit
> of a laggard, so I'm getting ready to step it up a bit.  We do have an
> events calendar here:
>
> http://sugarlabs.org/go/Community#Events
>
> I've got some questions.  Anyone who is interested, please feel free to
> answer or comment.
>
> 1. Who is empowered to add events to this list, and how does it work?
> Looks like right now it's just Walter, and I think that's insufficient.
>
> 2. If we're going to list events, we should also list a contact for each
> event.  The Fedora mechanism is imperfect in many ways, but its one
> strength is that it's always clear who in Fedora-land is responsible for
> our presence at a particular event.
> (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents)
>
> Which implies 3. Is it better to make Events wiki-driven, rather than
> Google Calendar-driven?
>
> --g

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs