[Sugar-news] An Education in Illiteracy

doxsoup at aol.com doxsoup at aol.com
Fri Jan 30 11:19:41 EST 2009

This is in response to Walter's recent posting (Sugar Digest 2009-01-29)

I read Minsky's latest essay that discusses ways in which we can "provide our children ideas they could use to invent their own theories about themselves."

Understanding the problem lays the groundwork for effective projects.

As a member of Rotary International, I want to share a recent paper on Rotary's focus on literacy and the Concentrated Language Encounter (CLE) method that has taught hundreds of thousands to read and write (so they express themselves).

I encourage to read about the Rotary CLE program to see what ideas may be useful to the Sugar Labs.
http://www.rotary.org/RIdocuments/en_pdf/global_outlook_0902_en.pdf

Suggest there be a?list of the key educational problems we want to solve and the literacy projects in use and?being developed,?, and then an evaluation our current situation and proposed solutions.

-dennis wong
doxsoup at aol.com