[Sugar-devel] Core modules (was: Re: Adding committers on gitorious)

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-2 at silbe.org
Sat Aug 21 12:27:57 EDT 2010

Excerpts from James Cameron's message of Fri Aug 06 01:20:27 +0200 2010:

> There are too many core modules, in my opinion (and Michael Stone's).  I
> see no good reason why there isn't just one git repository for the
> whole of Sugar.

Full agreement for sugar-base, sugar-toolkit and sugar.
sugar-datastore and the now obsolete sugar-presence-service OTOH should
remain in their own repository as they're clearly separate components.
You can even run a version support enabled sugar-datastore with mainline
sugar.
Not sure about sugar-artwork; I rarely need to touch it.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/