[sugar] 8.2.0 Release Notes

Gary C Martin gary
Thu Jul 17 16:16:03 EDT 2008

On 17 Jul 2008, at 14:33, Greg Smith wrote:

> I need the latest, final, definitive screen shots and documentation on
> new Sugar GUI planned for 8.2.0 in the release notes ASAP.
>
> I plan to send release notes to deployment leads to see if they are
> interested in using 8.2.0. I will say that the release notes are
> subject
> to change but it should be as correct as possible.
>
> I especially want to remove incorrect info and ideas that didn't make
> the release.
>
> See the GUI section of the release notes at:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_Notes/8.2.0#GUI_and_Usability_Improvements
>
> I believe the control panel section is correct except for the Software
> Updates section.
> Please confirm.
>
> Scott, can you write a brief blurb on software updates?
>
> I need a link to additional approved documentation on the control
> panel.
> If we don't have one, this release notes will be all you get!
>
> The big gap is Home View and Frame Redesign
>
> Who can give me final screen shots and blurbs on all the elements in
> that?

I've uploaded some current Joyride screen grabs and min notes on the
new Home ring/freeform/list view. Just a start, and I am no authority
on what will be shipping in 8.2 other than what I see in Joyride (I
realise the 8.2 stream was split off a ~week ago with an eye on only
pulling in happy/shiny changes).

> I posted the links I have but they may include features which will not
> make the release.
>
> I want to send pre-release Release Notes out at the beginning of next
> week so please respond ASAP.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions. I'll do whatever leg work is
> needed if I know who/where I can get verified information.

I was about to upload a screen shot of the brand new 'erase' activity
feature (so kids can free up space taken by unused activities), anyone
confirm if the intention is still to ship this in 8.2?

--Gary