[sugar] Drop activity launch limitation?

Mikus Grinbergs mikus
Sun Jul 13 21:44:48 EDT 2008

> we have logic in the shell to limit launching activity of the same
> type at the same time (i.e. before the first activity launch has been
> completed). It seem to be that this is obsoleted by the new launch
> feedback. Should we drop it?

My opinion - yes, you should.

But I've encountered a more pernicious "hurdle".  Suppose an
Activity launch fails (for instance, if a file happens to be
missing, or if the Activity experiences an incompatibility against
Rainbow).  In current Joyride, the new launch feedback will keep
blinking until something times out -- this seems to take several
minutes (far too long for my patience).  I have to go through hoops
to "escape" from that (unhelpful) new launch feedback.

I don't know what would be a decent solution, but leaving a kid (or
adult) staring at the new launch feedback for possibly minutes on
end seems icky.

mikus