[sugar] (another) WebKit port of Browse

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff
Mon Jul 7 18:39:54 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 7:20 PM, Carol Lerche <cafl at msbit.com> wrote:
> Why does automatic authentication require a custom browser?  Client
> certificates work well for this function in ordinary web applications
> (assuming a properly configured server).

I haven't delved into this deeply yet, but I suspect that, while I am
fond of client certs, they won't work - SSL network and CPU overhead
and sidestepping PKI madness for server certs. More on this when I get
to implement it.

Now, anyone who wants to have a strong say on how I am developing this
is free to start implementing it ahead of me, and showing me some
fantastic patches :-)

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions