[sugar] flash (was Browse Needs)

Bryan Berry bryan.berry
Wed Jul 2 11:36:58 EDT 2008

>Due to the patented technologies that are in flash we cant ship adobe's flash
>(that's why we have gnash) unless you have an agreement from adobe you likely
>cant ship flash either.

I read through the license a couple months ago and if I can recall
correctly, an organization can distribute copies of flash within its
LAN. Technically I am the sysadmin for the schools and they are w/in my
LAN. I don't "ship" flash or post an XO build that includes flash on a
publicly accessible web server. Hopefully this will hold up in court :)