[SoaS] Issue with telepathy-salut

Chihurumnaya Ibiam ibiamchihurumnaya at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 06:55:49 EST 2020

On Mon, Dec 21, 2020 at 9:04 PM James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> I don't believe it, because telepathy-salut-0.8.1.tar.gz does contain
> lib/ext/wocky, and it is a directory which contains files.  There's no
> reason why a git submodule should affect the tar.gz in that way.

telepathy-salut-0.8.1.tar.gz does contain lib/ext/wocky as a directory with
files in it
and it has the github repo <https://github.com/TelepathyIM/telepathy-salut>
as it's upstream and that doesn't contain lib/ext/wocky as a directory but
as
a wocky submodule. I don't see a reason why the git submodule is affecting
it at the moment

> It seems more likely the patch is in error.  How can I see the patch?
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/ didn't seem to have it.

Yeah I haven't created an PRs as I'm trying to get it to build locally
first, you can find the patch here <https://paste.centos.org/view/191e4487>
.

The commit upstream shows that there was a change but the change was to a
submodule,
the source files from telepathyfreedesktop.org contains lib/ext/wocky but
the source on github doesn't and
that explains the error from build.log

> You may place temporary shell commands for diagnosis in the %prep
> section before the %patch1.  Such as ls(1) or file(1).  This will give
> you output in the build log that you can use to diagnose further.

I used rpmbuild to build just the %prep section and ls shows there files in
lib/ext/wocky
but still throws same error when applying the patch and I don't get why
right now but I think it's because
the patch is pointing to a submodule commit.

--

Ibiam Chihurumnaya
ibiamchihurumnaya at gmail.com