[SoaS] Issue with telepathy-salut

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Dec 18 18:43:27 EST 2020

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 12:52:11PM +0100, Chihurumnaya Ibiam wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm currently working on fixing telepathy-salut to use openssl 1.0
> which has been fixed upstream in this [1]commit but the problem is,
> lib/ext/wocky points to a particular commit in the wocky submodule
> of TelepathyIM hence the patch fails as it isn't a regular file,
> it's supposed to be a directory but in this case it's empty as it's
> pointing to a particular commit.

When the wocky directory is empty, that suggests the submodule has not
been checked out.

> What are the possible ways to fix this?

When cloning, use --recurse-submodules.  Or, use `git submodule update
--init --recursive` after cloning.

Should you be preparing a patch for packaging, you can also work
around such git problems by using a recursive diff between two clones
of wocky.  You may need to tweak the diffs with sed.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/