[Systems] sl.org down

Alex Perez aperez at alexperez.com
Sun Sep 23 14:41:07 EDT 2018

Sam,

Thanks a lot for sorting this out in our absences. I was up on the coast
all day yesterday with no computers and nearly zero mobile connectivity,
and I didn't go on-line when I got home late, just went to sleep.

The total downtime for sugarlabs.org was 27 hours, 17 minutes.

How often does the let's encrypt certificate need to get updated? Once a
year? More often? Does anyone know?

> Sam Parkinson <mailto:sam at sam.today>
> September 23, 2018 at 1:46 AM
> It appears that the certbot install got mucked up by the autoupdate
> and was throwing error. A reinstall of certbot appears to have fixed
> the issue.
>
> I went to look at the updater script from the wiki [1], which is
> installed on freedom. The script was missing "set -e", which likely
> hid the error, so I added that. I can't find where the script is run
> from though (cron or systemd), so I'm not sure if the docs are up to date.
>
> [1] https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sysadmin/Letsencrypt
>
> On Sun, 2018-09-23 at 07:26 +0000, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> Samson Goddy <mailto:samsongoddy at gmail.com>
> September 22, 2018 at 12:16 PM
> Hello,
>
> I was trying to visit the site today and I get this error message.
> According to the webpage, the site is on HSTS.
>

> --
>
> 	Samson Goddy
>
> Twitter: https://twitter.com/samson_goddy
> Email: samsongoddy at sugarlabs.org <mailto:samsongoddy at sugarlabs.org>