[Systems] Group registration for Sugar Labs

fuchs at freenode.net fuchs at freenode.net
Mon Aug 20 13:26:15 EDT 2018

Hello Bernie, Walter and other people at sugar labs.

thank you very much for your e-mail and the chat on IRC plus verification.
We are sorry to hear that you were hit by spam, and are glad that we were now
able to register you as a proper project, so you can assign ops as you need.

We now registered you as a group,

#sugar

with the additional namespace of

#sugarlabs

You can claim channels in these namespaces, being
#sugar-* and #sugarlabs-*

If the channels are not registered yet, you can register them by yourself.

As for cloaks: you can request briar cloaks.  They have the
format

projectname/optional/mandatory,   thus e.g.  sugar/participant/john
or  sugar/jane, sugarlabs/participant/andrea or sugarlabs/alex

Note that only valid DNS characters are allowed (e.g. no underscores) for
technical reasons and recipients need a registered account.  You can request
them from any active staff.

I added the following group contacts for now:

walterbender, bernie_ ignacio Quozl.

I have not yet added MrBIOS as per the discussions on IRC, as to me it looks
that this is not the person you are looking for.
If you would like to add him (or anyone else) later,  please tell us their
nickname accounts via e-mail
 (that's one of the few things that require an e-mail)

Adding ops or the likes to your channels you can now do yourself, see

/msg chanserv help flags

if not familiar with it.

I gave you the discussed flags in #sugar and #sugar-meeting already, but you
can now modify, add and remove entries yourself.

Of course you can always drop by in #freenode or contact staff directly for
assistance.

Kind regards,

Christian (Fuchs on freenode)