[Systems] Sugar Labs Oversight Board Election Candidates 2017-2019 - Stage III Closed

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Sep 18 17:04:56 EDT 2017

Two items.

1.  members@ alias

It is wrong to leave unchanged the sunjammer:/etc/aliases members@
entry, thus listing only the old committee.

Please update the alias to list the new committee.

$ ssh sunjammer grep members /etc/aliases
elections:      members
members:        samsongoddy, laura at somosazucar.org, ignacio

2.  candidates' submissions

Adam Holt's submission was truncated, without public consultation with
Adam and without asking Adam to edit.

This misrepresents Adam.  This disadvantages Adam.  This is unfair.

I ask the Membership and Elections Committee to decide jointly what
action to take.  A joint decision is where all members of a committee
indicate their agreement.  Silence is not agreement.

In my opinion, Adam should be given permission to edit his submission
even though the deadline has past.  Or, the committee may decide to
allow Adam to exceed the limit.

The committee should read the discussion page, where Walter determines
how the limit began.

https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Talk:Oversight_Board/2017-2019-candidates

--
James Cameron