[Systems] Double entry in pootle database [SOLVED]

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Tue May 26 04:44:01 EDT 2015

Hi,
I wanted to let you know that Julen already helped me out on IRC #pootle
channel, and post the solution.

There were in fact two entries in the pootle_app_directory table.
Going into the django shell and using the api to delete the second,
duplicate entry, fixed it.

The commands I used where:

    select * from pootle_app_directory where pootle_path='/agr/Write/'

to find the ID of the double entry.

With this id I did:

        (took a database backup first)

    from pootle_app.models import Directory

    Directory.objects.filter(id=<conflictive_dir_id>).delete()

in accordance to Julen's friendly advice on IRC, and then it started
working again.

Thanks a lot to Julen. He did mention a constraint in the database
schema could have prevented this issue, and hopefully newer pootle might
include such a constraint.

Your timely help was very much appreciated as we have a session with
translators later today.

Regards from Peru!
Sebastian