[Systems] New ASLO Bundles on the Mirror

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Jan 6 17:39:06 EST 2015

+sugar-devel

On 01/06/2015 04:52 AM, Sam P. wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering about the possibility of putting the new ASLO bundles on
> the download.sl.o mirror.  I was going to put them into a separate
> folder (named "activities2"), so there may be duplication from the old
> ASLO bundles, resulting in more space usage.  This will hopefully be
> short term :)

Go ahead, all our mirrors should be fine carrying a few hundred MBs of
data. However, I don't believe you for a moment when you say it's going
to be short term ;-)

By the way, is the old Sugar updater compatible with the new aslo
design? If it's not, then we'll have to keep around the old ASLO for
years to support the user base.

> I was also wondering about how to move the files from the (new... not
> yet running) Bot Master on Freedom to the mirror, which is on
> Sunjammer.  I was just planning on using SSHFS, but if you people know
> anything better I would like to use that.

If propagation latency isn't an issue, you could export the files with
rsync from sunjammer from a cronjob every 10 minutes. You could either
use a public rsyncd, or ssh with a role account not the same account who
owns the files). Use a forced command in authorized_keys for extra security.

 \X/  http://codewiz.org