[Systems] 1000 days of sunjammer

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Dec 31 05:15:02 EST 2015

Hey Ruben!

Our server hosted at the FSF will reach 1000 days of uptime soon!

bernie at sunjammer:~$ uptime
 03:51:34 up 993 days, 14:11,  1 user,  load average: 2.09, 1.38, 1.45

That's a testament to the reliability of the FSF infrastructure, and I'm
truly sorry to destroy this amazing achievement, but Sunjammer needs a
long overdue upgrade.

The machine is still running an ancient Ubuntu LTS 10.04 with some
packages backported from 12.04. The upgrade to 14.04 LTS upgrade might
be tricky, and I'm afraid it might make the machine unbootable or
unreachable if anything goes wrong along the way.

When would you and nully be at work and available to assist me in case
something goes wrong? And could you restore my access to the XEN
console? Actually I might still have it, but I don't remember the
hostname / port.

Finally, while we're at it, would it be possible to move sunjammer to a
new server? The CPU is a bit weak and I/O is also very slow... I could
donate a couple of SSD drives if needed.

 \X/  http://codewiz.org