[Systems] Sunjammer backups on freedom

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Apr 7 13:21:17 EDT 2015

On 04/07/2015 01:16 PM, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> Sunjammer is now fully backed up on freedom.
>
> There are only 250GB free in /backup, probably not enough for 45 days of
> backups (this of course depends the daily delta, which we'll be able to
> measure tomorrow).
>
> It would be good if someone could enhance my wizbackup script to keep
> old backups following a scheme like this:
>
>  today
>  1 day ago
>  2 days ago
>  3 days ago
>  4 days ago
>  5 days ago
>  1 week ago
>  2 weeks ago
>  3 weeks ago
>  1 month ago
>  2 months ago
>  3 months ago
>
> It may seem simple, but it's actually tricky if you want to take into
> account all the corner cases with failed and partial backups. We
> absolutely don't want to end up with unusable backups.
>
> Anyway, the source code is here so feel free to fork somewhere and send
> me a patch:
>
>   http://codewiz.org/gitweb/wizbackup.git
>
> It can be debugged on a desktop using a small data set. One can simulate
> faults by killing the process at various times or by filling the
> destination partition.

Forgot to mention: this is the command-line I used to test the backup of
a single machine without cron wizbackup-driver:

 wizbackup sunjammer.sugarlabs.org:/ /backup/sunjammer.sugarlabs.org \
   --exclude-from /backup/EXCLUDE/ALWAYS \
   --exclude-from /backup/EXCLUDE/sunjammer.sugarlabs.org

 \X/  http://codewiz.org