[Systems] Sunjammer backups on freedom

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Tue Apr 7 13:16:12 EDT 2015

Sunjammer is now fully backed up on freedom.

There are only 250GB free in /backup, probably not enough for 45 days of
backups (this of course depends the daily delta, which we'll be able to
measure tomorrow).

It would be good if someone could enhance my wizbackup script to keep
old backups following a scheme like this:

 today
 1 day ago
 2 days ago
 3 days ago
 4 days ago
 5 days ago
 1 week ago
 2 weeks ago
 3 weeks ago
 1 month ago
 2 months ago
 3 months ago

It may seem simple, but it's actually tricky if you want to take into
account all the corner cases with failed and partial backups. We
absolutely don't want to end up with unusable backups.

Anyway, the source code is here so feel free to fork somewhere and send
me a patch:

  http://codewiz.org/gitweb/wizbackup.git

It can be debugged on a desktop using a small data set. One can simulate
faults by killing the process at various times or by filling the
destination partition.

Any takers?

--
Bernie Innocenti