[Systems] Freedom's root filesystem full

Sam P. sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 03:10:50 EDT 2014

Hi Bernie,

On Sep 29, 2014 12:58 AM, "Bernie Innocenti" <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:

> Hello Sam,
>
> is the stuff in /var/lib/docker2 still needed? The root filesystem is
> almost full.

No... I migrated all the stuff in the docker folder to a new partition by
using that as temp folder... You can delete it.

> Also, the two filesystems you mounted for docker instances are not in
> /etc/fstab. You might want to add them.

I will be away from my laptop for a while now, but I will do this ;)

> One last question: do we specifically need btrfs for snapshots or some
> other feature? If not, I'd rather keep using ext4 exclusively on all
> servers to reduce the number of kernel bugs we hit.

I will move back to ext4.  The only reason I used btrfs was some magazine
article praising it as the filesystem of the future.

> It may sound silly, but constraining the amount of kernel code we run is
> important for the uptime of dom0s. For example, justice just remounted
> its root filesystem read-only and we don't even know why. The more
> filesystems, the more different behaviors we observe.

Good idea!  I will try and follow it.

Sam

BTW: I'm not familiar with the h/w of freedom... But is it possible to make
/ bigger?  10GB is like tiny!