[Systems] new pootle instance

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Jun 13 16:07:30 EDT 2014

On 06/13/2014 03:52 PM, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been chatting with Raul about setting up a new instance for Pootle.
>
> One possibility would be hosting it on jita so we don't have yet another
> VM to maintain, but jita is still running the previous LTS release of
> Ubuntu and should be upgraded before installing new services on it.
>
> Pootle also has a tendency to crash, OOM and do other nasty things, so
> it may be more prudent to host it on its own VM instead. Not sure.
>
> Comments?

I just checked http://newpootle.sugarlabs.org/ and it seems it was
already a good stage. What would need to be done to complete it?

My guess:

  - upgrade the system to 14.04 LTS
  - upgrade pootle to the last stable release
  - re-import the data from the last pootle backup
  - check that git integration still works, etc.

  \X/  http://codewiz.org