[Systems] new pootle instance

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Mon Jul 14 13:34:41 EDT 2014

Hi,
In any case our community has a lot invested in Pootle, because this is
the workflow cjl recommended from the beginning, and it was proven to
work.
Having written a manual for translating Sugar into native languages
[1], that
mostly deals with using pootle, I'd be saddened by that work going to
waste, but even more so about loosing the opportunity to provide
indigenous cultures with appropriate technology. Really this is
important work that is still mostly pending.

So my vote goes for trying to salvage pootle and/or fully revamping our
l10n workflow including updating the docs (I guess this would require
some effort and resources and be a #1 priority for Sugar Labs). Worth
discussing on IAEP as well.

[1]
http://pe.sugarlabs.org/ir/Manual%20de%20Traducci%C3%B3n%20de%20Sugar