[Systems] SL infrastructure help

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat Feb 15 13:47:37 EST 2014

+manuq
+systems

Sorry for the long delay, tincho! Next time please ping me or post to
the systems@ list where someone else can respond (unlikely, but possible).

Do you still need this? I'll be online all day... and glad to show you
how to do step 1 yourself and discuss step 2 and 3.

I think sunjammer might work for this kind of things. You or manuq can
deploy the app in /srv/www-sugarlabs/contest and create a ProxyPass
virtualhost for it (we already have a few of those, grep the apache config).

For manageability, it would be easier if the Python code could run
directly in Apache, like with mod_python. So we wouldn't have a separate
process pool to start and manage. If this can't be done, the proxy is
still an option. Make sure the Python web server binds to localhost and
not to a public IP! Apache offers a layer of protection and logging that
helps stop some attacks, so we don't want random web apps to be directly
accessible from the outside.

That's pretty much it! As I said, chat me on #sugar for the details.

 \X/  http://codewiz.org