[Systems] SN experiencing performance issues

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Mon Apr 21 15:40:58 EDT 2014

Hi,
1.
I did a little investigation on jita.

So far I've not found what the bottleneck is. CPU and RAM appear under
control. Disk space is fine.

When I tail -f /srv/sugar-network/logs/sugar-network-node.log I can see
a lot of traffic is going on.

Also from the stats alsroot setup for jita,
http://jita.sugarlabs.org/node.sugarlabs.org/ , do note the 25,122,920
hits from "not viewed traffic", from the Sugar Network client.

I'll investigate a bit more and restart the service in a while to see
if it fixes the performance issues.

2.
With regard to bernie's comment, IMHO, it would be good for platform
team to involve infrastructure team once a service is in "production",
it just didn't occur to me because I'm in both teams. I thank you for
the offer of help! Where should we document the service?

Regards to all,
Sebastian