[Systems] Upgrading bender

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 05:35:07 EST 2013

On 14 January 2013 10:58, Simone Roselli <sroselli at develer.com> wrote:
> I didn't see which grub version we are facing with. Does Fedora 16 ship
> with grub2 or less ?

It ships with grub2 but I wasn't able to grub2-install because
core.img is slightly too large to fit in the mbr gap. I was booting
fine with the grub1 installed by F15. Then I tried to grub-install
from F16 (grub1, the package is available but obsoleted, so it can be
installed if you force it) and it stopped to boot. At the same time I
also added the fs conversion paramaters to grub.conf, but they are
just kernel command line args, it seems we are failing earlier than that.

So I'm not sure how we would get this unstuck. We would need to
install grub2 to get it booting but we can't do so without modifying
the partition table or getting rid of the raid (I suspect the core.img
would fit if it wasn't for the raid module).