[Systems] Spam on cl.sugarlabs.org

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 08:21:55 EDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 11:56 PM, Sebastian Silva <sebastian at fuentelibre.org
> wrote:

> My concern about moving to wiki.sl.o is that what little identity each
> local group has had might be gone. Also wiki.sl.o is very english-centric
> and not too friendly for a spanish non-technical user to find relevant
> information.
>
> I do thank Frederick for the pointers to spam prevention strategies (they
> will be useful!) and Chris for his whitelist (it will be handy for moving,
> but there are some new pages to include, and there is still the question of
> what to do with cl.sl.o and ar.sl.o).

I fully acknowledge the importance of branding, to be sure.  My pessimism
stems purely from too many years of fighting the countervandalism fight on
w.l.o and w.sl.o.  A hardened alternative wiki of some description to
maintain some branding identity wounds like a good solution.

I will take a look at doing some additional clean-up on pe.sl.o just to
help in winnowing the chaff from the wheat in preparation for a transfer.

cjl