[Systems] [Sugar-devel] Help the sugarlabs wiki is being spammed with new user creation.

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 19:01:32 EDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 10:13 AM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at sugarlabs.org> wrote:

> Sorry, it's my fault: a user on irc couldn't create a new account with
> OpenID, so I uncommented the line
>
>   $wgGroupPermissions['*']['createaccount'] = false;
>
> in LocalSettings.php. I thought I had commented it back just after the
> user had successfully created the new account, but evidently I forgot to
> save the change.
>
> Frederick, what can we do to cleanup the spam?

I did a fairly substantial cull of recent additions and infini-blocked
any user that had actually created a spammy page.  However, there were
many users registered that have not had any activity (yet).  I am
reluctant to just block recent users and risk messing with a new
GSOC'er.

We'll have to keep an eye out to see if these accounts begin spamming.

cjl