[Systems] Granting Sugar Labs accounts

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Sun Sep 23 15:50:41 EDT 2012

On Sat, 2012-09-22 at 14:31 -0400, Luke Faraone wrote:

> Have we had issues with forwarding or shell accounts being granted
> without proper checking in the past?

I just thought I'd warn everyone to beware of social hacking attacks.

In the past, I used to create most of the accounts directly, but I'm
redirecting people more and more through the official channels so we can
share this responsibility among us.

This reminds me that we still need to resolve the issue with RT eating
email: do we agree with the plan of redirecting the administrative
aliases to mailman lists?

The benefits would be:
 - faster ticket processing (just reply, no need to close them too)
 - no more lost tickets
 - no more need to maintain RT!

--
Bernie Innocenti