[Systems] Multi-lingual relaying on Sugar IRC channles is stopped

Aleksey Lim alsroot at activitycentral.org
Sun Oct 30 14:30:00 EDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 06:26:33PM +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Starting from the recent times, translation[1] on Sugar IRC channels
> stopped working properly (messages started being skipped). This feature
> is disabled entirely for now, since missed IRC posts on translated channels
> might lead to many confusions.
>
> Infrastructure Team is working on the problem to fix this issue
> as soon as possible. Sorry for inconveniences.
>
> [1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Service/meeting/Usage#Multi-lingual_relaying

jita is getting 403 error:

    Suspected Terms of Service Abuse. Please see
    http://code.google.com/apis/errors

It seems we don't abuse TOS

    http://code.google.com/apis/language/translate/terms.html

but we need to provide final user ip with every request. It seems to be
possible to get buddy's IP from IRC server. But the question is how it
is right from, e.g., possible privicy issues to share IPs with Google
from jita for a person who doesn't suspect it posting messages to #sugar.

--
Aleksey