[Systems] [Zero-install-devel] Sweets, Zero Install based Package Management System

Aleksey Lim alsroot at activitycentral.org
Sun Oct 9 08:14:38 EDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 09, 2011 at 11:10:51AM +0100, Thomas Leonard wrote:
> On 2 October 2011 20:22, Aleksey Lim <alsroot at activitycentral.org> wrote:
> > On Sun, Oct 02, 2011 at 06:29:25PM +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> >> Hi all!

> >> The another point, is considering possibility if Sugar Labs's OBS instance
> >> might be useful for Zero Install community.
> >> (BCCed to Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team mailing list).
> >>
> >> [3] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Platform_Team/Open_Build_System
>
> Hi Aleksey,
>
> This looks very interesting! Do you mean we could use this OBS
> instance for non-Sugar packages?

Yes, at least that's an idea and there weren't objections from Sugar Labs
Infrastructure Team members (at least for now:).

My personal reason to not make separation between Sugar and Zero Install
communities, is that both communities share similar ideas, i.e.,
stimulating direct contact between software creators and software users,
stimulating downstream experiments with software and sharing results
of experiments in fast and useful manner.

> Is it possible to take a normal 0install source feed (e.g. using
> 0compile) and have the OBS build binaries for different platforms
> using it, for example?

That's possible (with improving current OBS patch). There is only one
OBS design restriction, only one version will be built per OBS package,
i.e., from source feed uploaded to particular OBS package.

--
Aleksey