[Systems] LDAP authentication in the wiki

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Sun Nov 6 01:16:53 EDT 2011

Hello,

I've enabled LDAP authentication on wiki-devel.sugarlabs.org using this
MediaWiki extension:

  http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:LDAP_Authentication

Notes:

 * You should be able to login using your LDAP username and password.

 * LDAP users that do not exist in the Mediawiki database are
   automatically created.

 * If there's no corresponding LDAP user, any pre-existing user
   entry in the Mediawiki database is used. This provides a smooth
   transition path.

 * It's also possible to autocreate users in ldap, but I haven't
   experimented with this yet.

The last point may be important: if it works well, we could tell users
to register in Mediawiki instead of creating a custom registration form.
Aleksey, what do you think?

Please test and report anything odd.

--
Bernie Innocenti