[Systems] Requesting hosting environment for a Collaboration project OLPC-Sugar

John Tierney jtis4stx at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 5 15:56:45 EDT 2011

Hi All,

Thanks to Sameer for forwarding on this information. A quick update on the
sugarlabs at NDSU OpenQwaq initiative that Bernie mentioned. I had originally
hoped this would be ready sometime in September, but the work as I understand
it has been a little more involved. Adam is a Grad student in the CS Dept and
as it always seems during a semester other class work and projects have
eaten into time planned for this initiative.

Adam Helsene has been in the process of building this in his own sandbox before
moving it to Sugar Labs infrastructure. I am having an update Skype call with him
this Tuesday Nov. 8th at 11amEST.

Adam has been moving OpenQwaq from a 32bit CentOS build to a 64bit Debian build.
He has been trying to bring in all the correct libraries and documenting the process in
a way that others would be able to replicate this work.

Since I have been a key facilitator in both the NDSU and the SFSU initiatives my thought would be
for Henry to join the call, as well as others, if they would like on Tuesday morning to see if
the work by Adam can be used by Henry going forward. Thanks to Dogi for the Debian VM that is
awaiting Adam to finish his sandbox work and testing before moving into Sugar Labs infrastructure.

Let me know how you would like to proceed.

Thanks!
John Tierney