[Systems] Requesting hosting environment for a Collaboration project OLPC-Sugar

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Fri Nov 4 19:10:32 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-11-04 at 12:56 -0400, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-11-04 at 08:43 -0700, Sameer Verma wrote:
> > I would recommend a VM so it can be tested, upgraded as necessary, and
> > then moved/migrated as we see fit. Thank you, Bernie and others for
> > working with Henry, who has dedicated his masters thesis to this
> > effort. I am one of his advisors.
>
> Ok. Dogi, can we host this on treehouse? Also, would you have time this
> week-end to prepare a CentOS 5 template VM?

Ok, Dogi and I spoke on the phone: he also doesn't have time to prepare
a new VM template based on CentOS.

Henry: to speed up things, I'd recommend you install and configure a
CentOS instance in kvm and then send us the qcow disk image. The
compressed file shouldn't be larger than 1GB. Please send us the root
password so we can log in through the console to setup networking. After
the machine is in production, you'll be responsible for security
updates, monitoring and backups.

BTW, dogi pointed out that we're already hosting a VM for openqwaq based
on Debian 6.0, but since September nobody has been working on it. The
sysadmin is Adam Helsene, from NDSU. Does anyone know what happened?

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team