[Systems] Events Calendar

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Jan 12 00:43:30 EST 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-11 at 00:32 -0500, Frederick Grose wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org>
> wrote:
>         This page doesn't display the calendar inline:
>
>          http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Events
>

> I see the empty calendar in the Google Chrome browser on Fedora 14.

Sorry, just after sending this email, I noticed that there was another
page Sugar_Labs/Events with a working calendar, so I just redirected
Events to it.

> However, since we disabled our mail.sugarlabs.org accounts, I haven't
> been able to edit the calendar.  The permissions for Calendar ID:
> 6n9a99dr5knag9tp0obc0rncug at group.calendar.google.com seems to be
> limited to "See all event details".

Ah! I hadn't thought about this.

> (I used the 'Calendar settings' context menu item from my 'Other
> calendars' list in my Google Calendar page from my Gmail account.)

> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Events/Instructions is surely
> out-of-date now.
>
> We may need to migrate the Google calendars to personal accounts, use
> an open account to change the permissions for all to edit.  I think
> editing was limited to mail.sugarlabs.org accounts.

Oops, yes. I'll try to fix this. If I can't it would be nice to migrate
away from Google also for calendars. I'm currently investigating a
calendar solution for the FSF.