[Systems] Events Calendar

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 00:32:06 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org>wrote:

> This page doesn't display the calendar inline:
>
>  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Events

I see the empty calendar in the Google Chrome browser on Fedora 14.

 Are we supposed to have the Google Calendar extension installed?

No. The http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Widget:Google_Calendar is sufficient.

> Is this the right syntax to use it?

Yes, I don't think this has changed.

However, since we disabled our mail.sugarlabs.org accounts, I haven't been
able to edit the calendar.  The permissions for Calendar ID:
6n9a99dr5knag9tp0obc0rncug at group.calendar.google.com seems to be limited to
"See all event details".

(I used the 'Calendar settings' context menu item from my 'Other calendars'
list in my Google Calendar page from my Gmail account.)

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Events/Instructions is surely
out-of-date now.

We may need to migrate the Google calendars to personal accounts, use an
open account to change the permissions for all to edit.  I think editing was
limited to mail.sugarlabs.org accounts.

         --Fred