[Systems] status.sugarlabs.org

Bernie Innocenti bernie at activitycentral.com
Thu Apr 21 14:35:00 EDT 2011

[cc += systems@]

On Mon, 2011-04-18 at 22:58 -0500, Sebastian Silva wrote:
> For starters I'd hope for there to be an IRC bot that we can /msg and
> that would post to status.net. This would leverage existing users and
> give a channel for persistence of IRC items (for instance, meeting
> agreements and such, minutes and such).

This can definitely be done. There's a Jabber gateway built into
status.net which can be interfaced with ejabberd (which we already run).
The FSF has a bot that relays twits sent to !fsfstatus to IRC. I need to
figure out what it is and how it was configured.

These two bits, together, will implement your idea.

--
Bernie Innocenti
Helper Engineer, Activity Central