[Systems] translate.sl.o

Sebastian Silva sebastian at sugarlabs.org
Tue Apr 19 18:28:01 EDT 2011

Hi Chris,
First of all let me reaffirm that I share your notion of the importance
of i18n for this project and greatly value the contribution you have
done. I think I was too fast in +1'ing the proposal without all the
information you have kindly shared. So -1 on "dropping" pootle! :-P

There remains an issue as I said that we have very poor connection
thrughout deployments and this makes working with pootle as the only
option difficult. In Peru alone there are 61 native languages and I
think it is vital to try to support them. Of course an "unhosted"
workflow is only part of the story for this.

I would love to work on this with you when we have the resources for
making another go at native languages.
Sincerely,
Sebastian

Sebastian Silva