[Systems] translate.sl.o

Sebastian Silva sebastian at somosazucar.org
Tue Apr 19 09:24:19 EDT 2011

Having coordinated an effort to translate Sugar into Quechua and Aymara
last year I can say over a slow connection ("the field" 99% o the time)
pootle was a pain. Our approach was to download .po files, export them
into spreadsheets and print them.
Then people used pen and paper (we had 30+ teachers as translators, only
one terminal). The big bottleneck was then typing all strings. Of course
no testing was possible.

I'm +1 on trying alternatives to pootle but of course cjl is the owner
of this. Maybe we should propose an alternative workflow to him?

Saludos
Sebastian