[Systems] not getting mail at sdaly at sugarlabs.org since today :-(

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Tue Apr 5 10:33:52 EDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-05 at 08:02 +0200, Sean DALY wrote:
> arrgh here we go again
>
> so are the mails addressed to me recoverable, or lost for good?

They should have just bounced to the sender, so they know you didn't get
them. Let me (or any other sysadmin) know where you'd like your email
forwarded to and it will be done in a blink.

> does this mean no more Google calendar?

One possibility is using calendars in your Google account and sharing
them with others.

Alternatively, some time ago I've setup cal.sugarlabs.org, but so far
I've not found the time to configure it for use by multiple users. If
you'd like to use it, I'll give it a shot next week-end.

> What about pr at sugarlabs.org which is our journalist-facing address,
> and vital now that Google has cut off our softphone as of Sunday?
>
> i will try to open another gmail account but it's problematic to be
> cut off suddenly (a mail to the address about to be cut off could
> avoid a situation like this)

Indeed, there was an advance notice with full details of how to continue
receiving email. Now I remembered that you had asked for an extension to
migrate your account elsewhere, but that was over 3 months ago!

Consider that this change costs only 5 minutes of your time and saves us
from the continued burden of maintaining two parallel email systems with
unnecessarily complicated routing between them. The Infrastructure Team
is running on a very tight time budget, therefore it's best to focus our
resources on maintaining fewer, essential services for the benefit of
many users.

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team