[Systems] Fixed RT queues

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat Apr 2 23:00:19 EDT 2011

Today I discovered that mail intended for some RT queues was just being
dumped into /var/spool/mail/nobody due to an error in the procmailrc.

I examined the mbox file manually and filtered out spam. This left 8
valid requests.

What would be the easiest way to re-inject them into the mailsystem as
if they just came from SMTP? I figured out that sendmail cannot grok an
entire mbox... I'd first have to chop the bundle up.

Then, I'd have to remove headers such as "Delivered-To" that would make
the MTA think of a mail loop.

Finally, I'd have to reconstruct the original envelope recipient from
the To or Cc headers.

There should be an easier way....