[Systems] Commit archive list

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Apr 1 12:36:47 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-04-01 at 11:58 -0400, Chris Leonard wrote:

> My perspective on this is that I am trying to track over 100 projects
> in over 100 languages and therefore the key element of any scheme for
> me is asynchronous (archived) searching capability, in particular in
> the context of chronology.  (i.e. has a given project in a given
> language been committed since we updated the template).  This is why a
> mailman archive has a certain appeal to me.

Then you need a mailing list containing _only_ the commits from Pootle?

Because, if you're willing to search through all the commits across all
projects, then you could as well clone the repositories and search
through their log with git. A repository is more compact and easier to
search than the archive of a mailing list with all the diffs in it.

If this still seems inconvenient, we'll come up with another idea to
make your work-flow as efficient as possible, but possibly without
resorting to a jumbo mailing list receiving all the commits across all
projects.

> Sayamindu had hacked up a commit indicator in Pootle, but it was
> imperfect anyway and we lost it in the upgrade.

Ah, didn't even know that.