[Systems] IPv6 broken on build slaves (bender) again

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org
Tue Sep 21 07:38:20 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Bernie Innocenti's message of Tue Sep 21 10:27:19 +0200 2010:

> > OK, finally figured it out. libvirt is disabling IPv6 on the virtual
> > networks, with no way to to tell it not to. This has been an intentional
> > change [1]. Ubuntu has patched around it [2]. There's no warning in the
> > NEWS (it's even listed as an improvement).

> > How do we proceed? Migrate bender to Ubuntu?
>
> Just because Ubuntu still ships an older version of libvirt? This
> workarount won't last long...

No, but because Ubuntu added a patch that fixes it (as mentioned above).

> >  Kill libvirt and use simple shell scripts?
>
> How about adding code to re-enable the bridge in /etc/rc.local, like I
> did to configure the IPv6 address?

I've thought about that. It's a bad hack and I'm a bit worried it might
break if we restart something. OTOH I only needed to change the setting
of virbr0 (i.e. not of all the vnet* created for each VM individually)
to make it work again, so it might work well enough.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/